As well as settling in to our new offices, we've all been busy keeping our CPD up to date. Hazel has just finished her NEBOSH exams (National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety) whilst Brian is working towards membership of CIOB, Rachel is working towards RICS membership and Joanthan G is working towards APM membership. In addition we have a regular programme of lunch time CPD sessions and have recently covered such subjects as suDS, post Grenfell Fire update and ISO standards with more sessions planned including JCT contracts.
Whether CPD is formal or informal there are lots of benefits for the individual which also benefit the organisation in the long run.
- Refines your personal skills and intellect and helps to plug any knowledge gaps.
- Keeps academic and practical qualifications up to date – keeping skills relevant is integral in today’s fast-moving world, where rapid progression can quickly lead to previous learning becoming obsolete.
- Opens pathways to career progression or potential redirection, including achieving higher salaries and better job security.
- Enhances your ability to regularly learn and improve – you’ll learn quicker as you become acquainted with the process and will become a better independent learner.
- Demonstrates ambition, aptitude and a dedication to self-improvement to current and prospective employers and clients.
- Provides valuable examples and scenarios for showcasing professional achievements and growth in CVs, cover letters, and interviews.
- Reduces feelings of uncertainty or worries about change – CPD gives you a plan for future aspirations and the ability to adapt.
- Promotes independence – self-directed CPD requires you to consciously engage in learning activities and follow your own plan.
Green PM has also been assisting clients to keep up to date with their CPD and have successfully delivered a number of sessions around the CDM Regulations and other Health and Safety topics. We have also been conducting site inspections/health & safety audits. and helping one of our clients achieve the Safemark standard for his building company.