The Project Brief was to develop a Joint Venture between AGMA and the Green Investment Bank which will form the basis of the region's Climate Change Strategy.
As part of this Strategy the ten Greater Manchester Authorities have jointly undertaken to reduce carbon emissions across the city region by 48% by 2020. The Joint Venture will establish a dedicated Development Unit focused solely on the delivery of low carbon investment across Greater Manchester whose return will be measured in both financial and carbon reduction terms
Several different projects were investigated for initial investment and the key projects prioritised to date are street lighting, retrofit and heat netwroks, Green Project Management Ltd were appointed to manage the complex Joint Venture project on behalf of AGMA and support the delivery of carbon reduction schemes to the value of £100 million.
- Client: Association of Greater Manchester Authorities
- Project: Joint Venture - AGMA and Green Investment Bank
- Project Manager: Green Project Management Ltd
- Address: Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Cost Consultant: Navigant, KPMG, PWC
- Legal Consultant: Pinsent Mason
- Project Dates: March 2013 - March 2014
- Development Costs: £100 million